Soaking in a nice hot tub of bubbles at the end of the day is a small luxury that can make a big difference.
Bubble baths have lots of benefits, they can :
- Relax and brighten your mood.
- Cleanse and detoxify.
- Nourish, hydrate and heal your skin.
- Soothe sore muscles.
- Improve blood circulation and heart health.
- Burn Calories.
- Boost your immune system and relieve cold/flu symptoms.
- Sleep better.
Here are some recipes :
1) Basic Bubble Bath :
- 4 cups of water.
- 115 g of Castile soap.
(It can be replaced with liquid soaps/shampoo preferably olive-based or vegan.)
- 85 g of either Glycerin or Coconut Oil.
- Essential Oil.
(like Lavender or Eucalyptus)
- Mix water with Castile and glycerin/coconut oil.
- Add 4-5 drops of your choice of essential oil.
- Mix well.
- Pour your bubble bath into the container. It should be kept for a while.
- Fill the bathtub with water and pour in a couple of ounces of bubble bath.
It is better not to use a container made of glass. (non glass is best for near the bath).
2) Bubble Bath For Sensitive Skin :
- 1 cup sensitive skin body wash.
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel.
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin E oil.
- 10 drops chamomile essential oil or 1/4 cup chamomile tea.
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a spoon, gently stir the ingredients until everything’s combined (you want to gently fold in the tea so as not to create too many bubbles).
- Transfer the mixture to a lidded glass bottle.
To use, pour 1/4 cup bubble bath under the running faucet while the tub fills with water, for the best result.
3) Soothing Salt Bubble Bath :
The addition of magnesium rich salt gives this bubble bath a soothing and rejuvenating boost
- 1/2 cup epsom salt or magnesium flakes.
- 1/8 cup Himalayan pink salt (optional)
- 1 cup liquid soap.
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerin.
- 30-50 drops essential oils.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Drizzle under running water while filling the bath.